Welcome to the University of Alabama School of Social Work Field Education Program. The field placement agency provides the student with the learning experiences that enable development and integration of knowledge applied to practice.
We have provided detailed information that will assist you as a Field Instructor. Please click on the following links to access Field Instructor Resources:
- Field Instructor Workshop
- Becoming a Field Instructor
- Social Work Affiliation Agreement
- Social Media Guidelines for Social Work Students
- Agency Evaluation Form
- Field Instructor Modules
Field Education Videos
- Dr. Miriam Raskin’s Lecture, “Contemporary Issues in Field Education”
- How to Login to IPT
- How to Add Items in your Student Log
- How to Approve Student Logs
- Filling Out the Learning Contract
- Tips for Negotiating Work-Site Placements
The field instructor, in conjunction with faculty affiliated with the appropriate program (BSW or MSW), selects assignments that are related to the student’s individual learning needs and consistent with the content of the field instruction course. The classroom faculty continues to offer the student learning experiences that support the field practicum. The student uses the educational resources in the classroom and the field to develop a responsible, analytical approach to his or her own practice as well as to the practice of others.The Field Coordinator coordinates field experiences that carry out the curriculum goals of each program. A faculty member, serving as field liaison, is responsible for monitoring a student’s educational progress, and for making assessments regarding the quality of the experience.