Welcome to The University of Alabama School of Social Work International Field Placement Program! International placements can serve as one of the most transformative learning opportunities that a student can experience. Helping students access and process these experiences serves as one of the central aims of The University of Alabama International Programs Office. The School of Social Work works closely with The Capstone International Center.
Initial steps towards obtaining an International Field Placement:
- Determine if you meet the following preferred qualifications: (1) Honors or Honors eligible undergraduate student (2) Well-qualified Advanced-Standing or 60-Credit-Hour student planning for Concentration Year Placement.
- Be ready to describe your rationale for seeking an international placement.
- Meet with Coordinator of International Programs to begin the exploration process at least two semesters in advance of the semester in which the placement will take place.
Click the following links to learn more about the program:
- International Field Placement Application Form
- Placement Opportunities
- Reflections from the Field