Current Students Financial Aid

University Financial Aid:

To apply for financial assistance through the University, contact the Office of Student Financial Aid, 106 Student Services Center (205-348-6756). Assistance can take the form of scholarships, grants, loans, or work study assignments.

School of Social Work:

To apply for financial assistance awarded through the School of Social Work, contact Dr. Javonda Williams, Assistant Dean for Student Services and Educational Activities, or by phone at 205-348-3926.  Dr. Williams is located in 102A Little Hall. Financial assistance awarded through the school may carry an obligation to complete a specific type of field placement and to make yourself available for employment in that field of social work after graduation. You should apply for financial aid by January 15th of the year preceding the academic year for which you are seeking funding.