- BA, University of Alabama
- MSW, University of Alabama
- PhD, University of Georgia
Areas of Interest and Expertise:
- Substance abuse
- Child, adolescent and young adult health and mental health
- Use of emerging technology in social work education, research and practice
Phone: (205) 348-2189
- Traylor, A., Williams, J., Kenney, J., & Hopson, L. (2016) Relationships between well-being and friend support and behavior. Children and Schools, (38)3, 179-186.
- Dubus, N. & Traylor, A. (2015). Comparative view of prenatal care between the United States and Cuba: Lessons for the United States?. Special Issue of the Journal of Evidence-Informed Social Work Practice, 25, 35-42.
- Ritchwood, T.D, Traylor, A.C., Howell, R.J., & Church, W.T. (2014).Socio-ecological predictors of intercourse frequency and number of sexual partners among male and female African-American adolescents. Journal of Community Psychology, 42, 765-781. DOI: 10.1002/jcop.21651.
- Ritchwood, T.D., Howell, R.J., Traylor, A.C., Church, W.T., & Bolland, J.M. (2014). Change in age-specific, psychosocial correlates of risky sexual behaviors among youth: Longitudinal findings from a deep south, high-risk sample. Journal of Child and Family Studies, 23, 1366-1377. DOI:10.1007/s10826-013-9794-2
- Bordnick, P.S., Traylor, A.C., Carter, B.L., and Graap, K.M. (2012). A feasibility study of virtual reality-based coping skills training for nicotine dependence. Research on Social Work Practice, 22(3), 293-300. doi:10.1177/104973151126880.
- Bordnick, P.S., .Carter, B.L., & Traylor, A.C. (2011). What virtual reality research in addictions can tell us about the future of obesity assessment and treatment. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology, 5(2), 265-271.
- Paris, M.M., Carter, B.L., Traylor, A.C., Bordnick, P.S., Day, S.X, Armworth, M.W., & Cinciripini, P.M. (2011). Cue reactivity in virtual reality: The role of context. Addictive Behaviors, 36, 696-699.
- Traylor, A.C., Parris, D.E., Copp, H.L., & Bordnick, P.S. (2011). Using virutal reality to investigate complex and contextual cue reactivity in nicotine dependent problem drinkers. Addictive Behaviors, 36. 1068-1075.
- Carter, B.L., Paris, M.M., Lam, C.Y., Robinson, J.D., Traylor, A.C., Waters, A.J., Wetter, D.W., & Cinciripini, P.M. (2010). Real-time craving differences between Black and White smokers. The American Journal on Addictions, 19, 136-140.
- Green, D.M., Twill, S.E., & Traylor, A.C. (2010). A descriptive study on sexually exploited children in residential treatment. Child and Youth Care Forum, 39, 187-199.
- Traylor, A.C., Bordnick, P.S., & Carter, B.L. (2009). Using virtual reality to assess attention to cues in young adult smokers. CyberPsychology & Behavior, 12, 373-378.
- Bordnick, P.S., Copp, H.L., Traylor, A., Graap, K.M., Carter, B., Walton, A., & Ferrer, M. (2009). Reactivity to cannabis cues in virtual reality environments. Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, 41, 105-112.
- Traylor, A.C., Bordnick, P.S., & Carter, B.L. (2008). Assessing craving in young adult smokers using virtual reality. The American Journal on Addictions, 17, 436-440.
- Carter, B.L., Bordnick, P., Traylor, A., Day, S.X & Paris, M. (2008). Location and longing: The nicotine craving experience in virtual reality. Drug & Alcohol Dependence, 95(1/2), 73-80.
- Bordnick, P.S., Traylor, A.C., Copp, H.L., Graap, K.G., Carter, B.L., Ferrer, M., & Walton, A.P. (2008). Assessing reactivity to virtual reality alcohol based cues. Addictive Behaviors, 33, 743-756.
- Copp, H.L., Bordnick, P.S., Traylor, A.C., & Thyer, B.A. (2007). Evaluating wrap around services for seriously emotionally disturbed youth: Preliminary outcomes in Georgia. Adolescence, 42(168). 723-732.
- Traylor, A.C. (2006). Parens Patriae. In K.S. Stolley & V.L. Bullough (Eds.) The Praeger Handbook of Adoption. Westport, CT: Praeger Publishing.