- BA, University of Alabama
- MSW, University of Alabama
- MA, University of Alabama
- PhD, University of Alabama
Areas of Interest and Expertise:
- Aging populations in the context of health
- Mental health and depression intervention
- Diagnosing mental disorders
- Improving health disparities by increasing access to mental health care and postsecondary cardiac treatment access
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
Phone: (205) 348-3937
- Shah, A., Scogin, F., Presnell, A., Morthland, M., & Kaufman, A. V. (2013). Social workers as research psychotherapists in an investigation of cognitive-behavioral therapy among rural older adults. Social Work Research, 37(2), 137-145.
- Scogin, F., & Shah, A. (Eds.). (2012). Making evidence-based psychological treatments work with older adults. Washington DC, American Psychological Association.
- Shah, A., Coates, A., & Scogin, F. (2007). Clinical research with older adults. In D. McKay (Ed.), Handbook of research methods in abnormal and clinical psychology (pp. 427-446). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Scogin, F., & Shah, A. (2006). Screening older adults for depression in primary care settings. Health Psychology, 25, 674-676.
- Shah, A., Wolfsen, H.C., Hemminger, L., Shah, A., & DeVault, K. (2006). Changes in esophageal motility after porfimer sodium photodynamic therapy for Barrett’s Dysplasia and Mucosal Carcinoma. Diseases of the Esophagus, 19, 355-359.