- PhD, Social Work, University of North Carolina
- MSW, University of Pennsylvania
- BA, Sociology, Hampton University
Areas of Interest and Expertise:
- Stressors and problem behaviors among adolescents in high-risk urban environments
Phone: (205) 348-4580
- Miller, D.B. & Bennett, M.D. (2011). Challenges, disparities and experiences of African American Males. Research on Social Work Practice: Special Issue – African American Males, 21(3) 265-268.
- Bennett, M. D., & Olugbala, F. (2010). Don’t bother me, I can’t cope: Stress, coping and problem behaviors among young African American males. In W. E. Johnson (Ed.), Social Work with African American Males: Health, Mental Health, and Social Policy: New York: Oxford University Press.
- Bennett, M. D. (2007). Racial socialization and ethnic identity: Do they offer protection against problem behaviors for African American Youth. Journal of Human Behavior in the Social Environment: Special Issue – African American Perspectives 15(2/3) 137-161.
- Coloma C., Hoffman, J.S., Gawryszewski, V.P., Bennett, M.D, Crosby, A.E. (2007). Suicide Trends and Characteristics among the Guaraní Kaiowá and Ñandeva — Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil, 2000-2005 Mortality and Morbidity Weekly, 56 (1) 7- 9.
- Bennett, M. D. (2007). Racial socialization and ethnic identity: Do they offer protection against problem behaviors for African American Youth. In J.C. Hall & S. Bowie (Eds.). African American Behavior in the Social Environment: New Perspectives. Hawthorn Publishing Company: New York, NY