- BS, Northern Arizona University
- MS, Northern Arizona University
- MSW, University of Iowa
- Ph.D., Arizona State University
Areas of Interest and Expertise:
- Mental health
- Family caregiving
- Evidence-based practice
Phone: (205) 348-3939
- MacNeil, G., & Jaggers, J. (2013). Banking positives: A strength-based intervention for long-term family caregivers. Best Practices in Mental Health, 9(2), 102-113.
- Newell, J., & MacNeil, G. (2011). A comparative analysis of burnout and professional quality of life in clinical mental health providers and health care administrators. Journal of Workplace Behavioral Health, 26, 25-43.
- Newell, J. M., & MacNeil, G. (2011). Professional burnout, secondary traumatic stress, and compassion fatigue: A review of theoretical terms, risk factors, and preventive methods for clinicians. Best Practices in Mental Health: An International Journal, 6(2), 57-68.
- Kaufman, A.V., Scogin, F., MacNeil, G., Leeper, J., & Wimberly, J. (2010). Helping aging parents of adult children with serious mental illness. Journal of Social Service Research, 36, 445-459.
- MacNeil, G., Kosberg, J. I., Durkin, D. W., Dooley, W. K., DeCoster, J., & Williamson, G. M. (2010). Caregiver mental health and potentially harmful caregiving behavior: The central role of caregiver anger. The Gerontologist, 50(1), 76-86.
- Church, W.T., MacNeil, G., Martin, S.S., & Nelson-Gardell, D. (2009). What do you mean my child is in custody? A qualitative study of parental response to the detention of their child. Journal of Family Social Work, 12(1), 9-24.
- MacNeil, G. (2009). Panic Disorders and Agoraphobia. In A. Roberts (ed.) Social Worker’s Desk Reference, 2nd. Ed. (pp. 538-544). New York: Oxford University Press.
- MacNeil, G. (2008). Compulsive behaviors. In T. Mizrahi & L.E. Davis (Eds.), Encyclopedia of social work (20th ed., pp. 405-408). Washington, DC: NASW Press/Oxford University Press.
- MacNeil, G.A., & Kaufman, A.V. (2008). Infusing content on family caregiving into social work curricula. Aretê, 32(1), 58-73.