- PhD, Florida International University
- MSW, Florida International University
- BA, University of Miami
Areas of Interest and Expertise:
- The development of innovative, community-based social work practices that help the social, cultural, health, mental health, political, educational, occupational, and economic well-being of low-income children, youth, families and communities.
Phone: (205) 348-4396
- Alameda-Lawson, T., & Briar-Lawson, K., (2014). The power of advocacy, resilience and collective efficacy. In Hope Matters. Washington, DC: NASW Press.
- Lawson, M., Alameda-Lawson, T., & Byrnes, E. (2015). Analyzing the validity of the adult-adolescent parenting inventory for low-income populations. Research on Social Work Practice Advance Online Publication. doi:10.1177/1049731514567154
- Alameda-Lawson, T. (2014). A pilot study of collective parent engagement and children’s academic achievement. Children & Schools, 36 (4) 199-209. doi:10.1093/cs/cdu019.
- Lawson, H., Alameda-Lawson, T., Lawson, M., Wilcox, K. & Briar-Lawson, K. (2014). Three parent and family interventions for rural schools and communities. Journal of Education and Human Development, 3 (3), 59-78. Available at: http://jehdnet.com/journals/jehd/Vol_3_No_3_September_2014/5.pdf
- Alameda-Lawson, T., Lawson, M., & Lawson, H. (2013). An innovative intervention for collective parent engagement in schools and neighborhoods in Arrival Cities. Journal of Family Strengths, 13(1), 1-24. Available at: http://digitalcommons.library.tmc.edu/jfs/vol13/iss1/1/
- Lawson, M., Alameda-Lawson, T., Downer, J., & Anderson, E. (2013). Analyzing sub-population profiles and risk factors for school bullying. Children and Youth Services Review, 35, 973-983.
- Lawson, M., Alameda-Lawson, T., & Byrnes, E. (2012). A multi-level evaluation of a comprehensive child abuse prevention program. Research on Social Work Practice, 22, 553-556.
- Lawson, M., & Alameda-Lawson, T. (2012). A case study of school-linked collective parent engagement. American Educational Research Journal, 49, 651-684.
- Alameda-Lawson, T., Lawson, M., & Lawson, H. (2010). Social workers’ role in facilitating the collective involvement of low income, culturally diverse parents in an elementary school. Children & Schools, 32(3), 172-182.