Caldwell, J. Chandler
Areas of Interest and Expertise
- Health Care
- Mental Health
- Social Work Education
- MSW, University of Alabama
- BA, Communication Studies – Minor, Psychology, University of Alabama at Birmingham
Background and professional experience
Chandler is an experienced clinical social worker specializing in mental health, social work education, psychotherapy, care management, and crisis intervention. He is particularly interested in working with adults and older adults struggling with mental illness, caregiver distress, LGBTQ+ issues, and chronic or terminal illnesses. In addition, Chandler serves as an adjunct faculty instructor at the University of Alabama and the University of Alabama at Birmingham. He has experience teaching undergraduate, graduate, campus, online, and hybrid courses.
For his Capstone Project, Chandler plans to develop, implement, and evaluate a self-care training program for social workers. His ultimate goal is to address burnout, compassion fatigue, and self-care behaviors.
- Social Work Practice with Individuals & Families
- Social Work Practice with Groups
- Components of Direct Social Work Practice
- Models and Methods of Social Work Practice in Healthcare
- Social Welfare Policy, Analysis, and Services
- Professional Writing for Social Services
- Oppression and Social Justice Social Work Practice
Social Work Values Conference & Community Presentations
- Saving Lives: Promoting the Prism of Diversity and Inclusion on College Campuses
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) Denver, CO/Virtual November 2020 — Why Do People Keep Talking About Advanced Directives?
- Senior Spirit Expo Conference Birmingham, Alabama 2019 — Field Work: Care Coordination for Clients with Mental
- Health Needs VIVA Health, Inc. Birmingham, Alabama 2017