As a BSW Ambassador, you will gain valuable experience while giving back to the School of Social Work. BSW Ambassadors represent the school by assisting in a variety of events, largely related to recruitment and retention. In addition to leading tours of Little Hall, ambassadors assist with events such as Bama Bound (freshman and transfer orientation), University Days, Capstone Scholars Day, Homecoming events, Career Days and colloquia hosted by the School. Up to 15 ambassadors are selected through a competitive application and interview process. Details regarding eligibility requirements can be found below.
BSW Ambassador Applications are Due on the Third Monday in February by 4:45 p.m.
Previous Ambassador Spotlights:
MEET OUR BSW AMBASSADORS
BSW AMBASSADOR PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Interested BSW students who meet the eligibility requirements or who will meet them by the end of the spring semester in which they are applying are encouraged to apply.
- Declared major in Social Work
- Completion of at least 9 hours of SW courses
- Enrollment at The University of Alabama for at least one year
- A SW GPA of at least 3.25
- A UA GPA of at least a 3.0
Submit the following items via email to Mary Sella by 4:45 p.m. on the third Monday in February:
- A statement of interest in becoming an ambassador
- A resume
- 2 faculty recommendations (letter or email)
- 2 recommendations from social work classmates (letter or email)
- A completed BSW Application Form
Candidates are invited to an interview in which they give a 3-5 minute presentation as though talking to a prospective student and parent. To prepare for the interview, candidates are asked to draw from their own experiences and information from our website.
Questions? Contact Mary Sella, Coordinator for Student Services, at 205-348-8557 or by email.