To be the lead coordinating entity for research, policy, and practice implementation guidance in support of the military families and veterans in the southeastern United States.
The Office for Military Families and Veterans seeks to coordinate and facilitate collaborative research, education, and outreach across the state of Alabama among military families, veterans, and the organizations serving them.
Please contact Dr. Albright for additional information or if you’re interested in partnering on an initiative.
- Southwest Alabama Veterans Needs Assessment
- Dallas, Marengo, and Wilcox Counties Veterans Need Assessment
- Greater Birmingham Veterans Needs Assessment
- AARP Alabama Veterans Study
- The Empowered Veteran Index Instrument Development for The Mission Continues
- Benchmarking Study: HBCUs Serving Military Veterans
- Veterans & Media Lab
- Veterans Needs Assessment Study Launches in Birmingham Area (socialwork.ua.edu)
- UA, AARP Partner to Study Needs of Alabama’s Older Veterans (news.ua.edu)
- UA Professors to Begin Needs Assessment Study in South Alabama (news.ua.edu)
- Military Kids are Hurting More Than We Know (FoxNews.com)
- Women, WWII Vets Overrepresented in Newspaper Photos (news.ua.edu)
- UA, AARP Partner to Study Needs of Alabama’s Older Military Vets (news.ua.edu)
- UA Named a Top School for Military Veterans (Fox 6-Birmingham)
- UA, AARP Helping Aging Veterans in Alabama (Fox 6-Birmingham)
- Veterans Day: Improving Community Resources for Veterans, Service Members (socialwork.ua.edu)
- SSW Partners with U.S. Attorney’s Office and Cumberland Law School to Help Veterans (socialwork.ua.edu)
Dr. Albright and Dr. Mallory Lucier-Greer, director of Military Reach at Auburn University, discuss issues that affect military service members and their families.
David L. Albright, PhD
Professor and Hill Crest Foundation Endowed Chair in Mental Health Research
Director of the Office for Military Veterans and Families