Board of Friends
The purpose of the Board of Friends is to effect a close working relationship between leaders in the community and the faculty, staff and students in the School of Social Work. The Board also works to influence development and advancement activities for the School.
The objectives of the Board of Friends are to:
- Assist the School in securing financial resources
- Study needs and opportunities for private funding for the School
- Function as an advocacy group for the University and the School
- Assist in the recruitment of outstanding students to the School
- Advise the School on long range planning
For more information about the Board of Friends, please email Lindsey Johnson or call 205-348-5384.
2018-19 Members of the Board of Friends
Becky S. Corbett
Lady Portis Cunningham
James Dupree Jr.
Laurie Faulkner Hereford, Co-Chair
Ann Langley, Chair
Amy Beaulieu Mansue
Carroll Phelps, Faculty
J. Miller Piggott
J. Wayne Sellers
Tony D. Walker
Coy Albert Stout II