Support the Social Work Society Annual Fund
Supporters of the Annual Fund include alumni, concerned citizens, faculty, students, agencies, and corporations. The Annual Fund is represented by an elected board, the Social Work Society.
Your contribution is tax deductible. If you make a contribution you will be recognized in an upcoming issue of OutReach, the School’s annual report magazine.
Being a supporter means:
- Recognition of your contribution in the School of Social Work’s publications
- Enjoying the latest issue of Outreach magazines with updates about the school’s progress enabled by your contribution
- Advance information about School of Social Work events (class reunions, homecoming activities, guest lecturers, receptions, and more)
- Invitations to the annual Alabama Social Work Hall of Fame event
- A chance to nominate the annual inductees into the Alabama Social Work Hall of Fame
- Pride in knowing that you have helped deserving students receive an education that might not have otherwise been possible
- An opportunity to be nominated to serve on the Social Work Society Board make up the School’s Social Work Society
Contribute to an Existing Scholarship
Our top priority continues to be scholarships for deserving students. About 90 percent of the students who apply for admission to the School also apply for financial aid. By contributing to our existing scholarship funds, you’ll help to support the next generation of UA social work leaders.
- Social Work Annual Scholarship Fund
- Social Work Board of Friends
- Social Work Gift Fund
- Social Work Hall of Fame Fund
- Social Work Society
- Social Work Innovation Scholarship
- Social Work 50th Anniversary Book Scholarship Fund
Establish a New Scholarship
We welcome our alumni and supporters to establish new scholarships at The University of Alabama School of Social Work to help ensure continued excellence in our programs. By structuring your gifts, you can help make meaningful contributions while meeting personal planning goals. Our development officer can help you:
- Discover ways to make larger gifts than you may have thought possible.
- Learn how to make gifts that actually “give back” for a time, providing extra income in retirement years or helping to fund educational expenses and other needs.
- Add special meaning to your gift by making a gift that honors a special friend or loved one.
- See how to save money on income, gift, and estate taxes and instead put those amounts to use in ways you choose.
- Enjoy giving more, knowing that you’re investing in the lives of young people in ways that make it possible for you to give the most you can at the lowest possible cost.
For more information about establishing a social work scholarship, contact Laurie Wright, associate director of development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 205-348-7109.